For all my veggie fans, here’s a delicious one-dish meal with an Italian twist. The picture to the right does not do these justice. I didn’t cover these while cooking, so the cheese browned A LOT, but still tasted so scrumptious!
Non-Stick Olive Oil Cooking Spray
5 Bell Peppers, cored with tops removed & diced
5 oz Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
1 cup Onions, chopped
3 cloves Garlic, minced
¾ cups Cauliflower, cooked and chopped
2 cups Whole Grain Brown Rice, cooked
3 tbsp Romano Cheese, grated
4 oz Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded and divided
1 bag MorningStar Grillers Recipe Crumbles
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 (15oz) can Healthy Choice Tomato Basil Soup
½ tbsp Parsley, dried
½ tbsp Italian Seasoning, dried
½ tbsp Oregano, dried
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spray the inside and outside of each whole Bell Pepper with Non-Stick Olive Oil Cooking Spray and arrange in a casserole dish.
- In a skillet coated with Non-Stick Cooking Spray, sauté the onions, diced pepper tops, mushrooms and garlic until softened. Season with a couple grinds of black pepper and a pinch of salt, and remove from heat.
- Pour the sautéed vegetables into a large bowl and add the cauliflower, rice, Romano cheese, and 2 oz of the Monterey Jack cheese. Set aside.
- Pour the MorningStar Grillers Recipe Crumbles into the skillet, drizzle with 1 tbsp Olive Oil and cook until heated through. Add ½ can of Tomato Basil soup to the grillers along with the Parsley, Italian Seasoning, and Oregano.
- Combine the vegetable rice filling with the grillers and stir to combine.
- Season with pepper, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder as needed.
- Stuff the peppers and reserve any remaining filling.
- Combine any remaining filling with the rest of the soup and pour it around the peppers coating the bottom of the dish.
- Top with the rest of the shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Cover loosely and bake for 40 minutes or until the peppers are fork tender.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Recipe makes: 5 servings
Nutrition Summary: Calories: 402.3, Fat: 14.6 g, Carbs: 46 g, Fiber: 10.2 g, Protein: 24.3 g
Nutritionals calculated using the SparkRecipes Recipe Calculator.
Original Recipe, Culinary Styling and Photography by Kimberly Ritchie