This is a flavorful & healthy quiche with an amazing nutty crust. The flavors marry so well together and have a bit of creaminess to them. Serve with slices of fresh apple or a garden salad and enjoy. A true delight!
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
2/3 cup Onions, chopped
2/3 cup Green Bell Peppers, chopped
5 oz Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
2 links Al Fresco Spinach & Feta Chicken Sausage, casings removed & chopped
1/3 cup Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2 oz Fat Free Feta Cheese, crumbled
1 2/3 cups Egg Substitute
2/3 cup So Delicious Original Coconut Milk
¼ tsp Kosher Salt plus extra for seasoning
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet coated with Non-Stick Cooking Spray, sauté the onions, peppers, and mushrooms until softened. Season with a couple grinds of black pepper and a pinch of salt, and remove from heat.
- Stir in the sausage to combine.
- Pour the vegetable sausage filling into a pre-baked Hazelnut Pie Crust.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled feta cheese.
- In a bowl, mix together the egg substitute, coconut milk, salt, and pepper. Then pour over the filling.
- Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Recipe makes: 8 servings
Nutrition Summary: Calories: 309.2, Fat: 23 g, Carbs: 11.2 g, Protein: 18 g
Nutritionals calculated using the SparkRecipes Recipe Calculator.
Original Recipe, Culinary Styling and Photography by Kimberly Ritchie