If you’re looking for a delicious & healthy bread with a savory twist, this is the one! It’s light, delicious, and low-carb too. The combination of Parmesan cheese and Flaxseed Meal gives it a nice nutty taste. Toast it up and make a thick sandwich, top with peanut butter, or eat it plain. It’s so good! Get creative and try it with your own choice of savory seasonings.
Non-stick Cooking Spray
2 cups Golden Flaxseed Meal
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Kosher Salt
2 tbsp Parmesan or Romano Cheese
1 tbsp Zero Calorie Sweetener
½ cup Water
¼ cup Olive Oil
Garlic Powder and Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a large jellyroll pan with Non-Stick Cooking Spray, then top with a sheet of Parchment Paper coated with Non-Stick Cooking Spray.
- Mix together the Golden Flaxseed Meal, Baking Powder, Kosher Salt, Romano Cheese, and Sweetener with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, water, and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well with the whisk.
- Season with a couple shakes each of Garlic Powder and Onion Powder.
- Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes, so it will thicken.
- Pour the mixture onto the pan and spread evenly into a rectangle shape.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
Recipe makes: 8 servings
Nutrition Summary: Calories: 221.6, Fat: 18.4 g, Carbs: 9.8 g, Fiber: 8 g, Protein: 9.3 g
Nutritionals calculated using the SparkRecipes Recipe Calculator.
Original Recipe, Culinary Styling and Photography by Kimberly Ritchie