These pancakes are great for those on low carb diets, gluten free diets, who are vegetarian, or who just want a light and delicious pancake! The batter is nice and thick. They cook just like your traditional wheat-based pancakes, but with all the protein you need and without the high carbs. Serve them with fresh berries, a little butter, a drizzle of sugar-free syrup and enjoy!
16 oz Ricotta Cheese
1/3 cup Whole Grain Soy Flour
2 tbsp Melted Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Cinnamon
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Put the ricotta into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- While the food processor is running, add the eggs one at a time.
- Then add the vanilla, melted butter, and flour, and process until smooth.
- Add the spices (give the spice containers a couple shakes) and pulse until combined.
- Using a small measuring cup, pour the batter into 3-inch pancakes in a nonstick skillet or griddle sprayed with Non-Stick Cooking Spray.
- Cook until bubbles form and then flip over.
- When they are done, move them to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the pre-heated oven until ready to serve.
Recipe makes: 25 pancakes
Serving Size: 5 pancakes
Nutrition Summary: Calories: 213.8, Fat: 15.5 g, Carbs: 7 g, Protein: 13.1 g
Nutritionals calculated using the SparkRecipes Recipe Calculator.
Original Recipe, Culinary Styling and Photography by Kimberly Ritchie