Eating low carb can be tough — especially when you’re looking for something salty, crispy, and crunchy. Cheese Crisps gives you all that and more! Any type of cheese will do. For something extra salty, go for Parmesan or Romano. These are great with all sorts of salads (tuna, chicken, etc) dips, and especially fresh salsa!
8 oz block of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
8 oz block of Monterey Jack Cheese
About 1 tbsp of Ranch Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Shred each block of cheese and mix gently, with a fork, in a bowl to combine.
- Mix in the Ranch Seasoning.
- Line a cookie sheet with Parchment Paper. This is not optional! Cooking these on anything else won’t work. You can find Parchment Paper in the grocery store by the foil and plastic wrap.
- Put little piles, about 1 tablespoon each, spaced apart on the Parchment paper.
- Bake until the edges are brown. This can take about 8-10 minutes. When the oven is very well heated, it might not take as long to cook them. Just take them out when the edges are brown. The cheese will be bubbling. Don’t worry; it will start to harden when it comes out of the oven.
- Immediately grab the edge of the Parchment Paper, and slide it off the hot cookie sheet onto a cool surface. Wait a moment for the Cheese Crisps to set.
- Transfer the Cheese Crisps to a cooling rack lined with paper towels to soak up any oils.
- Cool and then transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge.
Note: Wipe off the parchment paper with a paper towel before you prep the next batch.