These muffins pack quite a blueberry punch! The citrus flavors are so inviting. The texture is spongy, and they are perfect for breakfast alone or with a yogurt. Of course, they are great for a snack anytime! They are low carb, high protein, and gluten free.
1 cup Whole Grain Soy Flour
1 cup About Time Birthday Cake Protein Powder *
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tablespoons of sugar free sweetener (I used ideal No Calorie Sweetener)
1 cup Sour Cream
1/2 cup Butter, melted
2 tbsp Heavy Cream
Zest of 1 Orange
1 ½ cups Frozen Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add the blueberries to the dry ingredients and mix until coated.
- In a separate bowl, blend the sour cream, butter, heavy cream, eggs, and orange zest.
- Fold the blueberry mixture into the wet ingredients. The batter will be thick.
- Scoop into paper-lined cupcake tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
Recipe Makes: 18 muffins
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Nutrition Summary: Calories: 139.3, Fat: 10.1 g, Carbs: 4.5 g, Protein: 8 g
Nutritionals calculated using the SparkRecipes Recipe Calculator.
* You can substitute with Vanilla flavored protein powder (Look for serving size 1 scoop = approximately 25 g protein)
Original Recipe, Culinary Styling and Photography by Kimberly Ritchie
Note: This recipe was inspired by a recipe for Peach Sour Cream Muffins.